Clinical guidelines are the cornerstone of best clinical practice and a range is available for different health service providers. These cover treatment and management strategies in general practice, primary care and specialist settings. Clinical guidelines need to be regularly revised and accessible electronically as decision support tools.
Priority actions in clinical management, care and support
- Improve access to sexual health services to priority groups through the support and action of strategy partners.
- Explore improvements to primary healthcare provision of sexual health services and develop and implement models of care for priority populations.
- Investigate and apply models to improve recruitment, retention and training of primary healthcare professionals in STI prevention, clinical and public health management.
- Consider methods to encourage general practitioners into sexual health training, including specialist sexual health training.
- Maintain currency and broaden the accessibility of sexual health clinical guidelines.